Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook 1GHz DVI - No Video - Logic Board Problem?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:50 am 

I'm looking at a Powerbook 1GHz for a friend. There is no video to the LCD display or at the rear DVI connector. When the power button is pressed it seems to boot(happy mac tone sounds, volume adjustments f4 & f5 work), but I get nothing on the display. I've tried it with the battery removed on AC. I tried connecting an external VGA display to the DVI connector with an adapter and got nothing. I tried the local/external display toggle, f7 key, alone and in combination with fn key. I tried zapping the PRAM and resetting the PMU. I tried booting from a Techtools CD. I can feel the drive reading as it's booting, but still get no video on any display.

I was looking at the logic board and noticed that the DVI connector is right there. That leads me to believe that the problem is in the video portion of that board.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Anything else to try? Anything else that could be bad that might be concealed by this problem?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]