Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook 867DVI Backlight trouble
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:47 pm 

I have a Powerbook 15" DVI 867Mhz.
I've had a problem where when I play a game on it like Madden Football or Jedi Knights, it would make the screen go all screwy, with lines throught it, and making stuff show up about 5 times on differant parts of the screen, kinda like a TV that's not getting good reception.
Sometimes I could change the screen resolution and this problem would go away for a few minutes.
That problem has been going on since I bought it (used) about a year ago, other than that it worked perfectly until now.
Now, when I start up the computer and work on it for a minute, the backlight goes out.
So I hooked it up to a external monitor, since pointing a flashligh into the screen wasn't turning me on.
And sometime when I change the screen resolution, the backlight comes on for a minute, then goes out again. It doesn't matter what I'm doing on the computer, it still does this.

anybody know where the problem is?
I have a lot of experience repairing mac's so I should be able to replace something very easily. I just need to know where the problem is.

Thanks
Handyman

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]