Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook G4 Titanium. display/hinges
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:53 pm 

Hi All,
Sick to death of discusions and debates re Powerbook G4 Titanium. This is a model that should have had an unquestionable recall and free replacement due to being unfit for it's stated purpose.

Like a lot of buyers I'm sitting looking at this notebook with it's detatched/broken display unit because of poor manufacture design and hinges that have fallen apart.

Great machine apart from this catastophic fault. SHAME ON YOU MACINTOSH. When you get it wrong and we all can, put your hands up and admit your mistake.

Windows convert. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:49 am 
Site Admin

The hinge problem is common on these models, and should be addressed. Until that time, we will continue to offer hinges and do it yourself kits to our customers as well as provide the repairs ourselves.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:17 pm 

8) Hi Bradley,
as you say the problem should be addressed and my statement wasn't intended to offend PB Medic.com merely to vent my frustration at apple not putting it's hands up to an obviously disastorous and expesive design fault.

All the best. The site is superb.

Stewart (sparkiefive)

Post subject: Power??? book???
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:02 pm 

:( I have had a mac since 1982. the new ti powerbook i got has been NOTHING but problems!!! i took it in to an authorized repair place - the gave it back to me with the airport antenna popping out the dvd slot!!!???!!! Apple said "call them about it" i did they said they could not do anything about it!!! i am begining to think it's time to go the windows way to get out of the runny Apple sauce!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]