Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: powerbook dead after replacing dvd burner
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:20 am 

I replaced the dvd drive on my 17" first generation powerbook. I was realy reallly careful when taking it apart and putting it back together, but it won't turn on now. Is there some common thing that could have happened or will I need totake it to get it fixed? Help please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

First, are you sure this is a 17"...if so you have an aluminum model. Measure the screen diagonal (top left corner to bottom right corner) To tell you the screen size of your unit. Let me know, and I'll try to help you further.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Post subject: same-o same-o
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:44 pm 

I just did the same thing and the computer will not turn on. Acturally, it's not a replacement, my superdrive wasn't working and I took it apart using step-by-step guides. I was interested to see if there was something lodged in there as it kept spitting dvds or cds out after putting it in. I was very careful as well, following every little detail and putting all plugs and screws back in. I am also now noticing that on the bottom of my battery, there are green lights lighting up 1 at a time as well now. I never noticed that before but even if I take the battery out by itself, it still lights up.

Anyway, I'm screwed if I can't get my computer to get on let alone get the superdrive to work. Let us know if you can help us! Thanx!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Make sure all the cables are firmly seated in place. If it appears they are, then go back and undo the connectors and then reconnect them just to make sure they have a tight connection. Issues like these are usually just loose connections.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]