Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bluetooth Upgrade for PowerBook G4 12 inch
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:04 am 

Hello,

I've got a Aluminium PB G4 (12 inch) from 2003 which has built-in (not optional) Bluetooth Module 1.x.

You offer a bluetooth card for all Aluminium PowerBook G4s. Is this the newer-generation Bluetooth that supports Headset operation? Is it compatible to my (older) PowerBook?

Anyone? :)

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Florian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

I don't believe its a newer implementation of bluetooth and I don't have a bluetooth headset to try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 1:28 pm 

hello justin,

thank you for your answer. the 2003 and newer powerbooks must have the new implementation (2.0) of bluetooth enabling higher transfer rates and thus enabling the mere possibility of linking to a headset. as the bluetooth 1.0 doesn't support sufficient transfer rates for the speech signal. that's what i've been told :o)

you don't even need a headset to test this, as the bluetooth setup assistant instantly denies the option when you chose to add a headset without even testing is one is present.

but anyway - thanks for you interest.

cheers,
florian :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:05 pm 
Site Admin

i will try that test for you the next chance i get and inform you here of the results

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:14 pm 

thanks a lot!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

I did check on the adapters for you. They are brand new ones from Apple, so they should all be the newer implementation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:27 pm 

hello justin,

thanks a lot for checking this. i'll now try to find someone (authorized) who dares to put this together ;o)

i'll let you know what the result was as soon as there is one...

cheers,
florian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:32 pm 
Site Admin

sounds like a plan, and if they can't help ya we will.. or sell you a take-apart manual to give it a go yourself

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:25 pm 

hi justin,

i'm afraid (or to be honest: happy) that i could finally and only by chance fix this without replacing hardware at all!

i gave the bluetooth firmware upgrade another try and this time it obviously DID SOMETHING: it turns out that the utility must have terminated without any error message or whatever at my first attempt to update the bluetooth firmware under tiger.

i interpreted that wrong: i thought that i would already have the updated version. but it turns out that probably the firmware upgrade itself terminated under tiger and apple must have fixed it by now. so simply updating the firmware was the solution - the headset now works fine!

again: thanks for your help - and sorry that i now don't need to buy replacement parts at your nice shop ;o)

cheers,
florian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

lol no problem, i'm glad you got it fixed. no reason to pay for something you can fix for free.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]