Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBOOK IS ACTING FUNNY
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:57 pm 

AFTER I DOWNLOADED 10.3.9 I HAD MY IBOOK UNPLUGGED AND ABOUT 1/4 LEFT ON THE BATTERY CHARGE WHEN IT BLINKED OUT AND "WENT TO SLEEP". I FIGURED IT WAS LOW AND HOOKED IT UP TO THE CHARGER, THE NEXT MORNING I WENT TO OPEN IT UP AND IT WAS AS IF IT HAD BEEN SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY, BUT IT WASN'T. I HELD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON, IT THEN SHUT DOWN NORMALLY, AND WHEN I WENT TO BOOT IT BACK UP THE SECOND I MOVED THE CURSER WITH THE MOUSE IT TOLD ME TO RESTART IN THAT WINDOW WITH ABOUT 10 OTHER LANGUAGES. I GOT IT TO BOOT AGAIN AND SAFARI WOULDN'T WORK, AND ALL MY ICONS ON THE DESKTOP WERE RE-ARRANGED. I BACKED UP MY FILES AND SCANNED FOR VIRUSES, AND SHUT IT DOWN AGAIN. I' HAD NO VIRUSES, AND NOW i'M SCARD TO BOOT IT BACK UP. i JUST GOT TIGER IN THE MAIL TODAY, SHOULD I INSTSALL IT....ANY IDEAS WHAT'S CAUSING THIS???? I'VE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS LAP TOP BEFORE AT ALL!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

I would say its ok. It probably just got a little confused when it went to sleep and then quickly plugged in the ac adapter.

I would go ahead and boot back up, maybe repair the disk permissions in Disk Utility and force the daily, weekly, and monthly scripts with the terminal to make sure everything is set correctly and cleaned out.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]