Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Inverter Cable with Reed Switch
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:23 pm 
Hey guys- The iceBook I gave to my fiance had that issue with the screen/backlight turning off when we would have it at anything other than a 90degree angle so I bought an Inverter Cable with Reed Switch to replace the old one as listed on previous postings as the problem. It took me about 5 or 6 hours to replace cause I had no clue what the hell I was doing and even though I'd printed out the iBook manual, I didn't realize that there wasn't any information on taking apart the actual display until I had the display detached... heh heh. All is working fine now but I have one question:

Why did the Inverter Cable/Reed switch that was stock in my iceBook have a green line where the one I bought from Powerbookmedic.com to replace it had a brown one? (the colors weren't the same on the replacement part). Is it going to have a long term effect?

Peace
Sky

if anyone has any questions cause they are about to tackle the same issue, let me know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:49 am 
Site Admin

I believe you are referring to the reed switch cable, and the colors can sometimes change for different models or service parts. It will make no difference. The reed switch we sell is a genuine Apple service part. For those of you interested, this part can be ordered from the link below:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... t=0&page=1

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]