Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Screen goes almost dark
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:49 pm 
My ti-book's screen (550) will go almost dark at random times. I have set the energy saver to sleep never...2 or 3 hours, nothing makes a difference. I can see faint shadows of the screen images and my keystrokes are being recorded, so the computer has not crashed. The only way I can get the screen back is to close the cover and reopen. This can happen every couple of seconds..or after a long time, it's totally random. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
Thanks. :?:

Post subject: back screen
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:28 am 
i face the same problem with my 400mhz powerbook. At times there are high pitch sound coming from the right speaker of the laptop. Have found that each time the screen backout, there is extensive heat generated from area of the right speaker. So nowaday i place a blowing fan to cool off the heat, since then i have not face the problem again.

cheers, hope it helps.

Post subject: Backlight
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:28 am 
It sounds like the backlight needs replacing, as it is on it way out. I assume that the display still shows the desktop etc, its just very very faint.
It the Ti very hot around the middle of the screen below the writting PowerBook G4?

I don't know exactly how to replace the backlight but it can be done (I had mine fixed by apple). Buying a new screen will not fix the problem since it is the light which shines thorugh it that is faulty I think).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:04 pm 
My screen has gone black & faded @ times too, on my 667. Not sure what causes it, but I have had to adjust the brighness in the display of the system preferences. After adjusting it a few times, the fading has gone away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

I'd first check to see if you have a pinched inverter cable under the clutch cover. If that is ok, the problem is likely to be your LCD itself.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:06 am 

powerbookmedic wrote:
I'd first check to see if you have a pinched inverter cable under the clutch cover. If that is ok, the problem is likely to be your LCD itself.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Certainly corrected an intermittent condition which began a week after replacing the right hinge.

Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]