Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Should I replace my PRAM Battery?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:27 pm 
While reading through the posts here and Apple's discussions, to find an answer to a problem I'm having, I noticed a reference to a replaceable PRAM battery in my TiBook. Apple's KB article 86181 list mine as part # 922-4361. I checked online and they're available for about $49-69.

Since I have an original TiBook 400 and do have problems with the clock when the battery dies, I imagine I could use one of these.

Has anyone ever replaced one? Is it tough to do? I've replaced the hard drive, RAM and the DVD drive in my powerbook so I feel comfortable tinkering inside.

Also,

Whenever I'm using the battery, the battery charge indicator just says "calculating" and never displays an accurate time remaining.

I recently purchased another battery on ebay from a newer Tibook and have the same problem with both batteries. This leads me to think it is a problem with my powerbook/OS 10.3.5 and not the processor in the battery.

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]