Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Clamshell ibook DV battery charges only a few minutes
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:43 pm 
I have an iBook DV clamshell. Battery will run fine for about 2 to 3 hours. Plug it into the AC and the light goes from green to orange, but...

It goes back to green after only 3 or 4 minutes. Battery only gets about 2-percent charged. I've done all the reset things, including the reset button above the power switch - actually was able to do this several dozen times over the course of a weekend without turning it on, and finally got the battery charged to 100%. But once the battery ran down, it was back to the green light again.

Is it the charger board? I had this problem with the old battery. Replaced with a brand-new battery. Same thing.

Post subject: Me too...sorry for the me too post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:59 am 

Yep, me too. I have an indigo 366mhz and I just replaced the charger board with a board purchased here from powerbookmedic. Unfortunately it appeared that it was going to work, but I got the same behaviour. Charged for a few minutes, the LED turned green but the battery is only at 2 to 5 percent.

I have a host of other problems I'll relay in another post.

Help!

WM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]