Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: OS9 & Norton AntiVirus problems/questions
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:05 am 

Hi

Firstly I'm new here, first time PowerBook owner and can be safely classified as computer illiterate, so be kind ... :D I have also looked briefly at the other topics to see if anyone else has posted the same, but couldn't see any other postings exactly like this.

I bought my Pismo secondhand and I have to say that I really like it; however I am suffering from problems to which I getting to the end of my tether over. The technical stuff (which I hope will be useful to someone): it is a 500MHz with 128 MB SDRAM and PowerBookPC 750 CPU. The person I bought it from installed OS X 10.3 plus word for windows and excel; I am assuming I have OS9 installed (I can see the icon for it in System Preferences), but I get this message: "No Classic Systems Folder. You do not have a version of Mac OS9 installed that supports Classic. Install Mac OS9.1 or later."

Firstly, can someone please explain this and in practical terms, what exactly do I do about resolving this?

I am also trying to install Norton AntiVirus 9.0 and I get this message when trying to load up (I'm choosing OS X option): "... cannot be installed on this computer. This software requires Mac OS X BSD package." I have found "BSD.pkg" on the hard drive, so I'm flummoxed! Again, can someone please explain this and in practical terms, what do I do about resolving this?

Thanks
Webwych

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:46 pm 

Welcome, just because 9 shows in the System Preferences does not mean it is loaded, I personally like to have different OS’s on different drives or I partition the drive as two drives, I use my FireWire drive and use Carbon Copy Cloner to transfer my OS X to the external drive than partition the drive and reinstall OS X to the largest partition, the big question is do you have a FireWire drive? You will need the OS 9 disk to load it! Did you get the system disks? If not it would do you good to buy the disks you need, I have not tried 10.3, still on 10.2 and still use Classic many times a day, as far as not being able to load Norton, that I can not answer! I love my Pismo, but then again I love all my Mac’s!!! 8)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]