Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Loose Case?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:23 pm 
I've had my 1GHz TiBook since september of '03 and, i'm not exactly sure when this started happening, but the front right corner (looking at the laptop as when i am typing) by the superdrive, if i push down, slightly, i hear a clicking noise. This doesn't happen at anyof the other corners of the laptop, and i'm wondering if it is because of a loose case? I don't know what else it could be.

Thanks

Post subject: ditto
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:33 am 
just weighing in - mine is visibly loose in that same corner. i can push the corner in, and then it pops right back up? i wondered if there is something that has come loose inside - ugh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:16 am 
I have the same problem, i just emailed the owners of this site and i will post their response if i get one back. has anybody on this board had this problem and tried taking the case apart to glue or adhere the case back to itself in some way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:24 pm 
Thanks for the relevance of that reply Duko. I'm in Australia and having a similar problem with my PBG4667DVI. It's as though a glue bond has broken away after consistent and repeated use of the right hand resting on the lower right panel (which makes for a convenient handrest between typing/mousing pauses).

Has anyone had a response regarding this, and the best way of fixing the problem? Seems as though it would be a little trickier than removal of the back of the PB to get to the problem..

Post subject: Followup from Powerbook medic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:55 pm 
Venture4th wrote:
It's as though a glue bond has broken away after consistent and repeated use of the right hand resting on the lower right panel (which makes for a convenient handrest between typing/mousing pauses).

Has anyone had a response regarding this, and the best way of fixing the problem? Seems as though it would be a little trickier than removal of the back of the PB to get to the problem..

Had a reply back from the support guys who have offered the following:
Quote:
The problem is that the glue bond on the bottom pan is very week and comes loose over time. You can either purchase a replacement bottom pan or glue the plastic insert to the bottom pan.

Not sure if this answsers it completely enough for me yet so will forward a photo of the problem spot and make absolutely certain, as I can't yet see how this involves the bottom pan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:21 pm 
Site Admin

It is a common problem. You can either get a new bottom pan, or you can take off your bottom pan and try to glue the piece that is separating back together.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]