Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBook Clamshell LCD screen dark
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:31 am 
I received a blueberry iBook clamshell from a friend with a dark LCD panel. I can see an image on the panel (which eliminates a bad video card) when the system starts up, but it has no backlight. I purchased a replacement Samsung LCD panel from Powerbook medic, but even with that, the image is dark. Thinking it might be the inverter board, I have gone through 2 of them (both from Powerbookmedic) and the image is still dark. What should I consider replacing next? There is a cable that connects to the inverter board that descends down underneath the keyboard. What does this connect to? I have purchased a take-apart manual to get a sense of what is underneath the keyboard without having to do exploratory surgery, but if anyone can give me some insight, that would be very helpful. Thanks! :)

Post subject: Cable Connection
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:29 pm 
The cable that descends from the inverter board to underneath the keyboard connects to the logic board. It sits very close to the power supply. Given that this cable connects to the inverter board, which provides power to the LCD panel backlight, I am willing to bet that this is a power cable. Since it is strung through the hinge between the keyboard and the LCD panel, I suspect that maybe a wire(s) may have broken. I would like to purchase a new cable, but I do not know what it is called (couldn't be a video cable because that would connect to the port near the video chip. This connects near the power supply). Any suggestions? :?

Ryan

Post subject: not sure
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:44 pm 

OK, you said that there was an image, right (dark but there) and this would rule out the cable that goes through the hinge.

I have seen somewhere a post on how to replace the actuall lcd backlight, which is a 12" long light at the top of the screen. I will check and see if I can find a link for you.

Doing a google search I found this http://laptops.home.att.net/ibook-notebook-repair.htm

Larry

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]