Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: graphics
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:59 pm 
I have a powerbook g3 with 233 proccessor and I would like to know if there is any way I can upgrade the video capiblities. I don't care how hard or anything just want to know if there is any way thx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:20 am 
will a 2mb vram chip work like on 233 imacs? i dont know.. heeelp!

Post subject: One Solution?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:30 pm 
As already said, the video card you have is what you are stuck with. But I did find this one solution:

http://www.devdepot.com/description.html?pcode=HVTBOOK

Graphics Chip: Trident XP2
Memory: 32 MB 266MHz DDR
Bus: CardBus 32bit
Connectors: PC Card Type II, DVI-I (DVI-D and DVI-A compatible) and VGA (with included adapter)
Physical dimensions: 126 x 54 x 15 mm, 4.96 x 2.13 x 0.59 inch (without DVI to VGA adapter)
Weight: 68 grams; 114 grams with DVI to VGA adapter; 218 grams with adapter and "Magic Box" carryingcase

This is good for AT HOME stuff, you can get ton's of graphic memory through a second monitor. But your LCD's graphics are pretty much stuck as is. Unless you want to over clock it and solder more memory and break your mother board..... which you should'nt do. This seems to be the best solution. :lol:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]