Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: MCE considering re-manufacturing Xcarét Pro DVD/CD-RW Drive
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:29 am 

I had a recent conversation with a tech at MCE who informed me that the company has received the "shells" for their DVD/CD-RW Drives for the Pismo, Lombard, & Wallstreet. I was told that plans are going forward with remanufacturing the DVD/CD-RW drives for the Pismo & Lombard . . . no decision has been made regarding the Wallstreet version. Those of you who have tried know that the original MCE Xcarét Pro DVD/CD-RW Drive had a limited production in 1998-2000 and is almost impossible to find on E-Bay, etc.

If there is a groundswell of support, perhaps MCE will put the Wallstreet version back into production as well? Contact "Ben" at MCE (800-5000-MAC) to express your interest in this.

In the meantime, if anyone knows of a place to purchase an original Wallstreet MCE Xcarét Pro DVD/CD-RW Drive please send me the contact info. Thanks !

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]