Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook G4-667 DVI - 2nd Hard Drive Problem in 11 months?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:57 am 
I have a Powerbook G4-667 dvi that i am having problems with.

last november..my hard drive slowly died. first, it would have problems where anytime i tried to do anything (ie. something as simple as moving a folder from one part of the desktop to the other) it would kind of hang and the colored 'wait' circle would pop up...eventually it would kick back in...this went on for a day or 2 before the thing completely died and when trying to format and reinstall my OS, it didnt even recognize a hard drive AKA...it was dead.

Now, barely a year later after buying a new drive, the same problem is happening. Its almost like this thing is killing drives! I dont think its completely dead yet, we've got it hooked up to TechTool Pro 4 right now checking everything, but i am thinking that this drive is shot as well....

Just wondering if anyone else experienced problems like this? Do you think the master BUS could be frying the drives?

What sucks the most is, last year it was 9 days after my Apple warranty was up and they werent willing to do anything for me...now, happening again, they wont do anything for me again (i assume), but if i can some how prove that its a problem that existed in the book when it was purchased...maybe they will. i just think its a little ridiculous that within nearly 2 years..2 drives have been destroyed.

HELP!?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]