Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Have any problems with your Titanium?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:37 am 
Site Admin

With the help of the technicians at Powerbookmedic.com and the rest of the powerbook community, we will try to answer your questions or problems here. You may still email support@powerbookmedic.com if you prefer to have a less public conversation with one of our employees.

---------------------------------
Justin Williams
Webmaster@powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: power adapter
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:36 pm 
i have had 2 related and terribly inconvenient problems with my powerbook g4 550 : the OS started mis-reporting the battery charge level and so i couldn't tell if there was actually charge or not (it eventually only showed 98% or 3% charge which is pretty useless) - i looked and looked for postings about this symptom, but found nothing or brief mention claiming it wasn't a big problem on apple's site - well now my battery is completely dead and i can't use the computer without being plugged in - not even long enough to walk from one room to another with it closed in sleep mode - its toast!

as if this wasn't bad enough, i started having constant crashes while plugged in and finally figured out that it was because the crappy power adapter plug wasn't making contact properly - upon closer inspection, it turns out that actually what has happened is that one of the lead wires had broken free from the tiny IC inside the actual plug tip (apparently a result of a cold sauder joint because it was a completely clean break)

so my hope is that apple would replace the adapter with another so my computer (which i rely on for work) will be useful to me again as well as not jeapordize other internal parts (monitor, power supply, etc) due to the hard crashes - any ideas, info, suggestions?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]