Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cleaning a Keyboard
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:36 pm 
A little while ago, I spilled a little bit of soda on my new PB 15" and now some of the keys stick (some more than others). I got the return key off (probably not correctly) but it doesn't seem to be staying on correctly (every once in a while it seems to slip off). Most of the time its ok, although its noticably skewed.

Can someone point me to something that tells me the right way to remove and replace these silly things? It looks like it should be a "simple" trick but I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:40 am 
I did that once... a real fiasco to fix, but I did it. I did a search on the mac wesite, go to the problems and fixing area, and type in keyboard... somehow it came up. There was even a diagram, close up so you could see how to snap it in correctly.
Good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 11:41 am 
I did that once... a real fiasco to fix, but I did it. I did a search on the mac wesite, go to the problems and fixing area, and type in keyboard... somehow it came up. There was even a diagram, close up so you could see how to snap it in correctly.
Good luck!

Post subject: how to remove those keys
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:32 pm 
First you get two hair pins. Hook the upper left part of the key til you hear a click, use the other hair pin to slide under the left edge of the key and it pops off. To replace just place key directly over (kinda tricky) and push down til it snaps in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Apple has instructions on their website at the link below:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=88106

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]