Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trackpad connector cable loose
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:38 pm 
I've just recently busted a screen hinge on my Ti667, and ordered a part through PBMedic. The take-apart instructions were terrific, and guided me through the entire procedure.

However, as I'm reassembling, I find that the orange cable connecting the trackpad to the motherboard doesn't want to stay attached. The cable appears to be a little too long, so it is overreaching. Perhaps this is why it's covered in kapton? The other nearby cables (HD, DVD) connect just fine, so I don't think I put the motherboard in incorrectly. The trackpad cable just keeps "popping" off due to the curve of the cable. I thought that the HD might help in pressing this cable down, but it does not.

Any ideas on this? Will the bottom panel press this securely in place? I am still assembling the machine (and typing this message on another), so it may not be an issue, but it's so unwilling to stay attached that I expect it will be an issue quickly.

Thanks --

--Dan

Post subject: trackpad working fine...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:17 pm 
To follow up... I did finish reassembling everything, and have had no problems so far with the trackpad. As I was putting the bottom panel on, I noticed a small plastic wedge on the panel itself, near the area of this connector. Perhaps this helps to keep the connector attached? Either way, the combination of this plus the tight bottom panel seems to have done the trick (at least so far).

Thanks again to Powerbook Medic for providing an excellent solution to the hinge problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]