Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Titanium G4 Broken memory tabs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:02 pm 
My wife has a 1st generation titanium G4 serial#QT11220WK6B laptop on loan from her school district. I've replaced memory twice without incident. We've owned 9 Mac computers and I've upgraded the memory on most of them, NO PROBLEM. Last night, I was switching out the older simms and installing two new 512's I purchased for a Xmas present. When I pushed the white plastic clips aside on the top slot they both broke. I've done this before and no problem. The same thing happened when I attempted to remove the lower simm, one broke without moving it 1/64". The Apple repair place quoted me $400 for a new motherboard and $250 to install it. I'm in a real bind.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it documented? The machine has 144 days left on the AppleCare warranty. I feel that I've done nothing wrong and the plastic became brittle due to the constant heat in the machine (we've left it in "sleep mode" since it was new." I need to document this problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]