Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Titanium 667 Forced Sleep / Case Short?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:43 pm 
This problem is not the wake from sleep or one of the screen lines/glitches problem.

My G4 667 will force itself into sleep, or just crash [hard crash/black screen] whenever it is moved, bumped, typed on, or looked at funny. It does okay when external keybd/mouse are plugged in, otherwise it's VERY sensitive. It sometimes will wake from it's sleep, and sometimes will make bad static noises, then crash. It's definitely hardware. There was an apple discussion 'narcoleptic titaniums' in which many others had identical problems, that discussion seems to have been removed from apple support?

In that discussion one person claimed a successful repair only when he had the 'rib frame' replaced, most people had logic boards and everything else replaced with no success.

Another person suggested it may be a pinched cable by the space bar.

IF ANYONE has or knows anyone or any repair center who had this problem or had any succes dealing with it, pleeease let me know. Powerbook medic won't even take it, and apple has been unable to repair it 3 times.

thanks,

Post subject: G4 Powerbook case short
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:11 am 
I have had the same problem for several months -- seems to come and go, but seems worse when the PB is hot. A friend said he had heard from Apple support that the problem was related to the hinges (the right hand one seems to torque on the power jack plug). I have tried torquing around the hinge area and this does seem to help a related problem of the keytboard screwing up (not responding or giving the wrong characters sometimes). It seems to help when I take the case apart and jiggle all the board connectors -- at least things seem better for a week or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:12 am 
Site Admin

We've seen the issue several times, and every time it is has been the logic board that is defective. We've never seen the hinges have any effect on the issue.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]