Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Heat problems
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:55 am 

My titanium gets pretty hot when I use it for a long time,is that ok or do I need to buy one of those podiums or some sort? Is it safe to just continue working with it and not mind the heat?? :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:41 am 
Does your fan come on regularly? Depending on what I'm doing, my fan runs for about three or four minutes at a time when it's needed.
As with any computer, cooling is important. One of the coolpads would be a good idea, especially if you sit with your Ti on your lap. I know my right leg gets extremely warm when I do that.

--
JSH
TiBook 500

Post subject: heat
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:14 am 

When it gets hot the fan turns on, specialy when the PB is sitting on my bed.. What is the best way to keep it cool? Is there any device that I can buy with an external fan, battery opearated or what ever..I already ordered the podium from http://www.roadtools.com, it has no external fan but I read all it can do and it's pretty neat. so I ordered it, its better safe than sorry. Go ahead and check it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:20 am 
Site Admin

All of the Titaniums have a tendency to run hot..unfortunately it's life. You can get a stand, they do help with air circulation. There isn't much else you can do.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]