Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: G4 Titanium DVI display went dark
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:34 pm 

I broke the right hinge recently and have been operating it carefully with just the left hinge working. Yesterday the display remained dark when I opened it and booted it up. I removed the old hinge and moved the wire a little to no avail. However, it does now run on an external monitor with no problem.

How do I determine if it is a wire problem or an inverter board problem? I want to order and replace the inverter board but am hesitating as it may be just a damaged wire? I looked at the wire carefully around the right hinge area but I can see no apparent damage! Could the inverter board have shorted out due to a wire problem resulting from the damaged hinge?

Is there a sequenced troubleshooting method to determine the display problem. I also do want to replace the hinge as part of the total fix?

Any suggestions for sequencing the total fix?

Post subject: Re: G4 Titanium DVI display went dark
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 am 
Site Admin

The inverter board could have shorted out yes, but I would really double check the inverter cable wires in the hinge and make sure there is no bare wire showing that could be rubbing up against the metal chassis.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:33 pm 

Are the wires available for purchase and is it a difficult fix if I replace the inverter board?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 am 
Site Admin

The wires are not available as they are part of the display. We typically splice them back together.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]