Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 400 MHZ PowerBook G4 Not Getting Power
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:06 pm 

About a year ago I called your company and spoke to someone about my issue with this machine. I was told to first plug in the "puck" shaped AC adapter to see if it was making a sound, and confirmed that it did. So the problem lies beyond the power supply but I don't remember the suggested steps to take after that. Basically the battery is dead and nothing happens when I press the power button. What would be the next thing(s) to check to get this to turn on?

Post subject: Re: 400 MHZ PowerBook G4 Not Getting Power
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Unfortunately with the 400MHz models, the DC-IN Board is actually a part of the main logic board. Typically if when you plug it in it gives a red color instead of the normal green or amber, it can be the PRAM battery. Otherwise it is the main logic board.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:27 pm 

My AC adapter doesn't have a light on it. But thanks for the tip. I just won a auction for the same model that does power on at a good price. It seems to do everything mine doesn't and vice versa. Hopefully together, the two can be put together to make one working machine. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:17 pm 

Writing this from my PB G4. It turns out that the problem was with the AC in. Even though it makes a sound when you plug it in. Used a different power supply and it fired right up. If I only realized this 3 years ago before spending $3000 on a MBP... :oops:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]