Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Power adapter compatability
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 12:09 am 
Hello once again folks, I've got another question for ya.

I'm currently using a PB12/867, and I've got a dead Ti15/550 for a paperweight. My question is, can I use the power adapter from the 15" (model number m8482) with the 12" (which uses part no. a1036) so I don't have to drag an adapter around everytime I move from my office to my bedroom? Sure would be nice. The one that came with the 15" has a 24V output, and the one that came with the 12" has a 24.5V output, but knowing a little about electronics, there's usually a little flexibility figured in there. I'm not about to try it out and have two apple-branded paperweights, but if anyone has a difinitive answer on the compatability of these adapters, I'd like to know. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

We haven't tried it ourselves.It should work, but I probably wouldn't risk it.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Post subject: POwerBook Adapters
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 1:56 pm 
I have PowerBook adapters galore, and they all work, as long as your adapter rating is less or the same as the volt and amperage rating of the PB. Right now I'm charging a TiBook with an old UFO-style Apple adapter with a GenGap plug. A lesser-rated adapter may take longer to charge the battery, or it may not charge it while you are using the PB.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]