Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: G4 battery only lasts 1 hour
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:46 pm 
Even if I'm doing no work at all, my battery only lasts 1 hour! Shouldn't it last like 3 or 4?

tom

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 10:01 am 
Site Admin

You need a new battery. Your is probably drained.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Post subject: G4 battery only lasts an hour
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:49 pm 
Is there not a program that you can run that will totally drain the battery and fix it? Someone told me there used to be one for the old powerbooks....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:20 pm 
you may want to ask the people in the forums at macosxhints

They seem to know just as much (if not more, many certified apple techs there) as the people here, and have nothing to gain. Being completely honest, most posts here are replied with some variant of "we can fix it, here's the price" rather than pursuing other options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

At Powerbookmedic.com we are dedicated to fixing powerbooks. We do nothing but fix powerbooks, and have seen just about every issue. In this case it is obvious the user needs a new battery....we've seen it a hundred times.
We offer free, unbiased advice, and redily serve the mac community at a cost to us. We do sell parts and suggest users send their unit to us if they are not comfotable doing repair work. We do this because getting support elsewhere is a nightmare. The whole reason this company was started was due to the complete lack of support for the powerbook community. It used to be that if your powerbook was broken your only option was to spend $xxxxxxx dollars and send it in to Apple. That is becoming less of the case as our community here grows.
We will remain commited to the powerbook community, and we will always offer free unbiased support for your powerbook problems. If you go to any other powerbook parts supplier you won't see near the dedication nor the level of support that this site provides.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:30 pm 
Well I for one appreciate the service you provide by answering free of charge questions. I will shopping with you soon for a new battery and probably a new faster hard drive. Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

Many thanks for the support.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]