Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: G4 1Ghz Power Problem
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:09 pm 

I have a Titanium G4 1 Ghz model and I can't get it to do anything! The battery only flashes one light at me and the power adapters light is on. I pulled out the keyboard and reset the computer because the sleep light was on and the computer wouldn't do anything when I attempted to power it up. That made that light go out and now it won't do anything. I'm at a loss. It might be the power cord or something else internal? Any help would be appreciated.

RKR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:05 am 
Site Admin

I'd start with replacing your PRAM / PMU board (It is one unit) Sometimes this board can prevent startup. If your power adapter is glowing, then that tends to suggest the DC-IN board is ok, however the DC-IN board would be the next step. Ultimately, if neither of those fix the issue you are going to be looking at a logic board replacement.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:04 am 

Thanks. I'll try those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Let us know how it goes or if you have any other questions.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:18 pm 

I just ordered both parts and will try the PRAM/PCU board first. I will send back the one (hopefully not both) that I don't need and pay the 15% restocking fee. Wish me luck!

Post subject: Re: G4 1Ghz Power Problem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:34 am 
I'm having the same problem.... My powerbook just shut itself off one day... Would turn back on, but the track pad wouldn't work... Mouse would work via usb for about 5 mins.... Then the whole screen would freeze and i would have to power down. I put it away for about a month...
And now nothing. When i turn it on i don't hear the fans....
With the battery connected and power supply connected it appears to turn on it goes from amber to green.... and vise versa.... the battery is charging, etc....

And where the hard drive is located it gets warm.... When i listen to that area i hear nothing though.... I remember before i could tell it was running by the fans it would would make some noise....

The display stays black, it does nothing...

I even tried target disk mode... And it didn't show up on my imac... I want to cry...

This is my second powerbook... My first one was DEAD... I found this one used in perfect condition.... Can anyone help me...? =(

Post subject: Re: G4 1Ghz Power Problem
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:04 am 
Site Admin

It sounds like you unit may be having multiple problems, and I would recommend having the unit professionally diagnosed.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Post subject: G4 1Ghz Power Problem
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:45 pm 

I will check my Rxs.

You know it could be be cause i swapped ouyt the anolog servos and put digitals in....
Draw more power at times....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]