Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Display anomaly
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:53 pm 

I was having a problem with the display on my TiBook 867 where I would sometimes get a lot of pink coloration. Changing the angle of the screen would affect how it looked and sometimes it would be perfectly normal for weeks.

So I bought a non-working (or so the seller thought) TiBook 500 and took the display from that to replace the one on the 867. Everything worked. However, I decided just for the heck of it to reassemble the 500 with my other display. Sure enough, it fired right up. Unfortunately, there is still a problem with the display, although it's not the same as what I had when it was connected to the 867. Here's what I'm seeing:

A screen shot created in the FInder looks perfectly normal. I've now tried two different video data cables (590-5196 rev A and 590-4046 rev.05) and they both render the same way. I've also tried another motherboard - same deal. The display itself is a Samsung LTN152W3-L01.

I've come to the conclusion that either the display is bad or that it is not compatible with this older version of the TiBook. I suspect that you've seen this sort of thing many times and I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Display anomaly
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:32 am 
Site Admin

yea it looks like an incompatible display. the resolution isn't supported correctly. you could try changing the resolution to see if you can find one that fits, but it'll most likely be a lower resolution that won't look good.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]