Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Very distorted display.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:44 am 

Hi I have a Titanium Powerbook G4 it is the 867Mhz version and it has a very distorted display.

When I boot up the normal grey screen with the apple logo is now pink and has a thick black line at the side. When I get the the desktop, basically the desktop blue is fine but anything else is a little fuzzy and is pink... If I tap the screen from the back it makes it either better or sometimes worse. I opened the back of the powerbook to see if all cables are fine and they seem to be. I also did an erase and install and reset the PRAM..... Anyone any ideas what this could be and how to fix.

I ran the AHT and everything passed.
The screen is a little 'similar' to the picture in the link. The picture is not of my powerbook. Also, the distortion only has this severe affect on the menus and anything that is not blue!

http://homepage.mac.com/mmarkovich/pictures/unknown.png

Many thanks

GArry

Post subject: Re: Very distorted display.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

That is typically a cabling issue which usually gets damaged in the hinge area. Unfortunately on Titaniums it is hard to get some of these parts, so you'll most likely be looking at $500-600 to replace the LCD or $300-400 to replace the logic board. Neither is a great option. We do offer a free diagnosis service if you want us to check it out or there may be a local alternative just to get someone in there and testing components.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]