Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Water Spilled, dry but now Ti 400 dead
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:12 am 

I spilled a bit of water in the upper right hand corner of my ti 400 (near the power button).

I dried it off pretty well and it started up okay, but then back light turned off after a few seconds. I then took it home to dry it out more and now it won't start up at all. The power apparently turns on because the caps lock key will light up if pressed, but other than that totally dead--no hard drive spin up, screen activity--no nothing.

Any thoughts?

- T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am 
Site Admin

You could be looking at a logic board replacement, and inverter replacement, or possibly both. I'd reccomend sending the unit to us for repair.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:20 am 
I have a similar issue but I replaced the motherboard already and now there is still no change in the status of the laptop. I hear the hard drive spinning but not booting. Sometimes if you don't attempt to power it on for a day or two, it will boot up once. Then you have to wait a couple more day. Does this sound like the PMU board should have been replaced as well? Is there anything else that it could be?

Your help is appreciated.

Powerbook G4 500 (was 400 until replacement of MB)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

The next logic thing to try is the PMU. The logic board normally fixes the problem, but depending on where the spill was, you could very well be looking at the PMU.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]