Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Backlight not working
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:56 am 
Hi,

about two months ago I accidentaly spilled small amount of water on my PB G4 (550 MHz, Gigabit Ethernet) in the upper right hand side area (near the power button and the right speaker).

Luckily everything appears to be working normally except for the screen backlight, ie. the screen is dark (although I can see the desktop, etc. if I point external light straight into the screen and look closely), the apple logo doesn't light nor does the power button and the little light right under the screen in the middle. The strange thing is that the latter glows (or "breaths") when I put the computer to sleep.

I can use the computer hooked to an external monitor and it works fine but, naturally, it would be nice if I could somehow fix the problem with the backlight. So, would replacing the inverter board solve my problem?

Your online store states that the inverter board that can be purchased from you works in 400/500/550/667 MHz model series. Is this correct? I'm asking because I've seen different replacement inverter boards for the 400/500 MHz series and the 550/667 MHz series on some of the other sites that sell powerbook replacement parts.

Thanks for your help,
Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:13 am 
Site Admin

You spilled water right over the inverter board, so that is the first thing I would replaced. Hopefully that is all you need to replace. From what you describe it should be. The inverter boards are the same except for the 667 DVI models and above.

-Bradley
Powerbookedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:11 pm 
Hi there,
i'm from Brazil and i have a TiBook 500.
My TiBook just fell on the flor.... after that looks like the screen back light dosent work... i can see my desktop but extremily dark.
I allready open my Tibook and just tested the cable from motherboard to display... looks fine... now i want to know how i can check the inverter board, or even where it is?
Thanks for your time and sorry for my poor english....

[]'s
Tchubas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

It is on the left hand side (near the power in) It looks like a rectangle with a piece missing from it, and is where the inverter cable plugs into. Make sure the able is securely connected. If that doesn't fix it, then you'll need to replace your display.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]