Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:40 am 
I bought a 120GB Hitachi Hard drive from PBMedic and installed it today. My computer doesn't recognize it. I struggled with it all day to no avail. I hope that I didn't damage it somehow while handling it. I don't believe that I damaged the pins that attach to the cable connector, they still appear straight, but I am not sure. I suppose it could have been damaged due to static discharge, but I was careful to ground myself by touching the frame and I never detected any kind of shock so I honestly don't know about that either.

When I boot up the computer, I get a flashing folder and a question mark, followed by the mac symbol, that goes on repeatedly. I have tried booting the computer from the Restore disk, but it does not read the drive as being there. I am at a loss of what to do. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Powerbook
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 am 
Site Admin

You need to format the drive first. Boot up from your restore disk, choose Disk Utility from the Tools menu and erase the drive to create a partition.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]