Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: replaced superdrive, now won't startup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:08 am 

I have a 1ghz 15" TiBook. Just a couple days ago, I successfully (?) replaced my old dead combo drive with a new 8x superdrive. Upon initial restart, the drive worked, my computer started right up as well. I was happy. I was running it with the battery out, so I shut it down, put the battery back in, started up, then it loaded the desktop but hung just before it loaded the Airport icon on my menubar. Spinning beachball. So I force quit, then tried to restart, and I got absolutely nothing, no chime, and just a dark screen. Sometimes when I try to start it I can see the display flash but nothing further. I can hear the superdrive spin on startup but get nothing else. I put the old drive back in, and still no response. I tried to reset the PRAM; found the reset button under the keyboard and tried that, still nothing. Is it the logic board then? Ugh.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]