Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: ti400 ata bus issues
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:01 pm 

after much troubleshooting i've been forced to ask for some help here's the story.

got a powerbook with a suspected faulty dvd rom drive. So I replaced it with a functioning dvdrom drive. Same issues persisted. It will kind of read cds (audio discs it will read every 4th track.... i know.... strange) and no dvds. here's the current rom info:

EATS@ITADVD-ROE SR%8187:

Model: EATS@ITADVD-ROE SR%8187
Revision: @A18
Serial Number:
Detachable Drive: No
Protocol: ATAPI
Unit Number: 0
Socket Type: Internal

I've tried flashing it in os9 with both the apple updater and the region free firmware hacks and sometimes the model will be a more garbled than other times, but they would always say that the drive did not need to be updated. I haven't had a chance to test with an extra hard drive on that chain.. i don't even know if that could work. Tried 2 different working cables. I've zapped the pram a milliion times and cleared the nvram. I consider myself quite good at fixing troubled macs, but I'm about to give up on this and get a 500 motherboard when I can afford it. My guess is that the ata bus is toast. Is there any second opinion for my little tibook? thanks for any help and maybe this post might help others with similar issues.

edit: some clarifications

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]