Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: StuffIt Delux suite not working -- WHY?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:20 pm 

I just acquired a TiPB 1 GHz dual boot (OS 9.2.2/512 MB RAM/SuperDrive) with a 60 GB Toshiba MK6021GAS revision # GAO25B. I initialized the drive and zeroed out the disk. Disk Warrior, Drive Setup's verify disk, and TechTools Pro 3.0.9's Surface Scan all show the drive to be acceptable. And so it is -- except for one quirk.

StuffIt Deluxe 7.0.3 is 100 percent non-functional when used with this drive as start-up.

The error window reads: StuffIt Engine internal error 17999.

This error occurs with StuffIt Deluxe, and with every Drag and Drop application within the StuffIt 7.0.3 suite. Same error. I have reinstalled the application suite three times without success.

However, everything works fine when I run the TiPB from a FireWire external drive. And the suite works fine from every other drive and every other computer I own.

I am running the same start-up sets that I run on all computers. I have been using them for several years without significant problems. Start-up file differences are: the TiPB is also running Airport and Trackpad.

I have tried each of my standard start-up sets, plus all start-up files disabled except what is required to run StuffIt Deluxe. Results are 100 percent non-functional StuffIt suite.

1, Where and what is the problem?

2. What can I do to mitigate it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

Not too sure on this one. I'm contact Aladin and inform them of the issue. I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]