Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cable through left hinge
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:30 am 

I just looked through some other topic's and can't find an answer to this. My Powerbook G4 had a broken left hinge when it was given to me.
I didn't have the money to replace the hinge immediately but still used the machine. Through the wear and tear the cable from the circuit board to the screen has frayed and started steaming last night.
Does any one know whether it is possible to replace that cable rather than the whole screen?
If that can be replaced, I will be purchasing a new hinge and the take-apart manual.
Thanks in advance,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:39 am 
Site Admin

The cable through the left hinge (depending on how you are looking at it) is the display cable, and that cable generally won't short and smoke. The cable that will do that is the inverter cable (usually pink and a white wire) that cable is wired to the LCD, and the only way to fix it is to either splice it back together or replace the display.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]