Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 550 mhz Replacement LCD display problems
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:14 am 

I recently purchased a titanium powerbook, 550 mhz onyx (gigabit ethernet model), from a friend with a broken display for very little $. The display was physically broken only a few months after it was purchased by him and had been removed by him and used periodically as a desktop with an external monitor. I purchased a replacement LCD on ebay from a reputable dealer that was from a 400 mhz titanium model. I sucessfully installed it, but upon powering it up the display is just blank bright white with hundreds of multicolored vertical lines that can be viewed at certain angles. The computer appears to be functioning normally and boots up normally. I reopened the powerbook and tried reseating the LVDS cable connector and there was no improvement. However, although i have read that an LCD from a 400 mhz powerbook should be compatible with this model, upon close examination the plastic on the male end of the LVDS connector appears to be slightly narrower, yet it does seem to seat properly. So it appears one of three things could be wrong: 1) the replacement display is bad; 2) my logic board is bad; or 3) the display i purchased is not compatible with this onyx model. Any suggestions on which one of these is the problem and is there a way to test whether it is the display or logic board? thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:09 pm 
Site Admin

You bought a bad display. We sell replacement displays at our online store.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]