Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Clamshell 366 Se bad AC connection
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:11 am 
I have a graphite SE 366 Clamshell and still use it regularly. My problem is the AC socket isn't working properly and it requires me to wiggle the socket or sometimes tape it into position in order to charge the battery. If I keep doing this i'm goin to damage the socket (maybe i already have) I've downloaded the pdf from this site but it seems difficult to remove the ac board. I was wondering if theres anyhthing that can be done without opening up the casing since it only a problem of 'friction' bewtween the plug and socket. A simple but very annoying little problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:11 am 
Me too.

I had the same problem with an older powerbook. I took it apart and located the loose solder joint (imaging having such and important thing relying on the strength of a solder joint) and I haven't gotten it put back together yet.

I must say I think it's unlikely that it's fixable without taking it apart and repairing the place where its loose, but duct tape has been a popular mickey mouse repair item for a these types of problems all through the American Heartland for years. Toothpicks are good too.

Post subject: power cord ibook clamshell
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:19 pm 
My original power cord cover split at the junction of the plug into the actual i-book, at the wire (just past the connector into the laptop). It sparks if try to use it. Luckily, my partner has an powerbook with the same cord, so I have been able to use her cord. But I also developed a problem with the battery--probably just worn out, but when I bought 2 new batteries, my i-book would not recognize them. Eash was recognized at first; then, after going to sleep and waking up, my i-book would not recognize them, and I could never get either one to charge. I took everything to the Apple store near me. They spent about 2-3 hours, but couldn't help me either. Finally, they said that the 'board' just inside the laptop must have a bad soemthing, and would not recognize or charge any battery. hello. All replacement cords I can find cost $150.00--way too much, I think. Any suggestions?
macnut

Post subject: power cord ibook clamshell
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:20 pm 
My original power cord cover split at the junction of the plug into the actual i-book, at the wire (just past the connector into the laptop). It sparks if try to use it. Luckily, my partner has an powerbook with the same cord, so I have been able to use her cord. But I also developed a problem with the battery--probably just worn out, but when I bought 2 new batteries, my i-book would not recognize them. Eash was recognized at first; then, after going to sleep and waking up, my i-book would not recognize them, and I could never get either one to charge. I took everything to the Apple store near me. They spent about 2-3 hours, but couldn't help me either. Finally, they said that the 'board' just inside the laptop must have a bad soemthing, and would not recognize or charge any battery. hello. All replacement cords I can find cost $150.00--way too much, I think. Any suggestions?
macnut

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]