Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Have any problems with your iBook (clamshell)?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:36 am 
Site Admin

With the help of the technicians at Powerbookmedic.com and the rest of the powerbook community, we will try to answer your questions or problems here. You may still email support@powerbookmedic.com if you prefer to have a less public conversation with one of our employees.

---------------------------------
Justin Williams
Webmaster@powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: Problems with the iBOOK Battery
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 1:31 pm 
OK, here we go.

I have the Blueberry Clamshell 366Mhz iBOOK, 6GB HD, 96MB RAM. Aiport, OS9.0.4.

I left the iBOOK in climate-controled storage for about 3 months.
Now when I plug in the charger, the ring glows green and then goes to orange. The iBOOK takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get started up and display the desktop. The drive "clicks, clicks" when the iBOOK starts up.

The icon for the battery in the menu bar has a red "X" across it. The battery WILL NOT charge. The iBOOK runs VERY slow when opening programs or control panels, logging onto the internet, etc., but you can use it reasonably well once you are in Xpress or Photoshop, etc.

I do not have another battery to test and see if another battery will charge. I read a support thread on apple.com that the lithium-ion batteries need to be removed from the iBOOK or FULLY charged before being put away for long-term storage. If they are not, they will not rcover and charge.

I don't understand why the iBOOK runs slow while plugged in. It seemds it should run fine as it is getting full power.

I can only assume this is what is happening. Can you let me know if this is the case before I order a new battery or power adapter? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:36 am 
Site Admin

The odds are that your hard drive and battery are bad, and both need to be replaced. Both are results of storage.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]