Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: LCD TFT screen replacement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:04 am 

I'm going to try to fix this blueberry iBook by replacing the display. Can I replace the TFT LCD screen and keep the case part? The LCD is shattered, but the shell seems fine. Can I install something better than 800x600? What options do I have?

Right now I'm fairly certian the display is the only defective part. The biggest thing I'm having problems with is getting this thing apart. How do I disassemble w/o ripping apart any cables or destroying anything? I feel embarresed to ask, but I have to.

Also as a side note, if anyone knows what type of video controller is in an AMS tech Rodeo 3072ecxa I'ld appreciate having that info.

Thank you all in advance.

http://mpcconner.home.bresnan.net/

Post subject: screen replacement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:43 pm 

First get a manual that shows how to dismantle the clamshell (powerbookmedic.com sells one for around $10).

Check ebay as there are almost always screens there and most are complete with the casing.

No you can't change the screen with a higher res version, as far as I know you are limited by the onboard video which supports the current screen.

I have no info on the video for a AMS computer, only thing I found on the net was http://www.laptoprepairco.com/Search/video/video.asp. It only list one video card for AMS.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]