Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Lime iBook login accounts and upper case plastic replacement
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:51 am 

I have just received a used Lime Green iBook 366MHz, CD-ROM model.

First item: The previous users have several login ID's, with unknown passwords. The system is currently loaded with OS9. I am unable to use any of the system control panels, they are all locked. Is there a way to reset the passwords, or do I need to reload an OS? I did not receive any of the original software CDs was planning on loading the new Panther OS. However, there are several kids programs on the harddrive that my daughter would like to keep.

Second item: The previous user was a kid who scratched their name into the white case plastic on the outside top cover above the green apple. Does anyone know where I can obtain a new plastic top cover with the green apple?

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 3:39 pm 
Site Admin

As for the password, you'll need to reinstall the operating system...depending on which version OS you are running, you might be able to do this without erasing the hard drive programs. As for the casing...eBay is your best bet right now.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]