Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBook clamshell 300MHz problems: logic board, battery? HELP!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:41 am 
I'm having a problem with my clamshell, and I'm getting really discouraged. I had a faulty DC In board which required the use of a two-pound weight to get it to charge or power the laptop. The battery was running fine with a six-hour charge, and other than the occasional freeze-up I was having no problems.
I went to run a flight-sim one day (I used the AC because the CD really sucks up battery life), and all of a sudden the weight slipped off the plug, my laptop died, and now it only runs off AC. :cry: I went to this website and reasoned that it must be the logic board, but after a trip to eBay, a few days wait, and a three-hour installation, I still had no battery power. I installed a new DC In board, which came with the bottom case and logic board from eBay (no more two-pound weight), while I was at it.
Next, I tried replacing the charger/clicker board, but still nothing. It shows flat battery life when the batt. is in; the amber light on the DC comes on when I put the battery in and goes green after a while, depending on how long I've been having the battery sit (like it 'sees' the battery and wants to charge it, but the computer itself doesn't), and I'm getting tired of my laptop thinking it's New Year's Day back in 1904.
Anyway, I've been debating whether to try yet another logic board (the one I bought showed signs of violent removal: bent stiffener, ripped trackpad cable still in its socket), buy a battery charger/reconditioner, or just buy a new battery. This laptop is really dear to my heart. Any advice? :?:[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

I would say its probably a defective logic board which are commonplace on ebay these days. I would honestly though start looking to a new machine even if its a refurb from Apple.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]