Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Clamshell iBook screen goes black
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:35 am 
My Clamshell iBook (original blue model) screen is black most of the time. Sometime is comes on for a short while and other times it flashes on and off. I have had the screen replaced by Apple a couple of years ago but do not have AppleCare :( I have the original battery but it does the same with the AC Adapter/Charger plugged in and the battery fully charged. I am not about to send it back to Apple as they charged me $700 to fix it last the last time. It worked fine until the warranty ran out.
Thanking you all ahead of time for any help I receive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:25 am 
Site Admin

It could be a problem with the video card on your logic board or your display. We'd need the unit to diagnosis the laptop completely.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:48 pm 
Thanks for your resonse. Since then I took my iBook to CompUSA and they said it wasn't worth fixing. They quoted my around $700 to fix it. I also went to the new Apple Store at Bellevue Square. The screen was lit dim when I showed it to them. They quoted my $820 to fix the back light. Yeah, right. I already have over $2400 into it. $1795 for the original purchase price and more than $700 to Apple to replace the screen. I think CompUSA may be right. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

The prices you are quoted are simply ridiculous. Powerbookmedic.com came about because powerbook owners are being ripped off by the traditional repair service centers. We sell the display for $229.95. Repair labor is $65.00. The iBook is worth keeping. Don't let those repair centers get the best of you.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]