Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Charging / Clicking Problems...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:12 pm 
I just aquired an iBook G3 (Clamshell) and noticed a problem with it. When I plug it into the AC adapter the light will come on orange sometimes and green other times. If it comes on orange it will charge the battery for a few minutes and then switch back over to green and the battery display will show the "no battery" icon. It also has a problem with clicking. Sometimes the "clicker-plate-thingie" (I believe that's the technical term) will get stuck down or will not click at all. This happens especially when I rest my hand on the palm rest. Could this be a wire short or loose connector to the battery / clicker circuit, or do you think it is the clicker board its self? Oooor..... do you think it could be the battery? If it's a wire short or loose connector, I'd like to fix it myself and not blow $25. If it's the battery, I'm just going to rip the laptop appart and turn it into a mobile. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:16 am 
Site Admin

It sounds like it is either going to be the battery itself or the battery connector is loose inside the laptop.

the topcase would most likely need to be replaced to fix the trackpad issue.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]