Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hard Drive Upgrade & OS 9.1 upgrade
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:39 am 

I recently bought a used tangerine iBook. (300 mhz, 192 ram, 3 MB) I would like to upgrade the hard drive on it to a least at 10 MB drive. Now, i have no idea what type of hard drive to buy, or if this can even be done. Because I want to upgrade to OS X....Which presents another problem. OS X recommends that OS 9.2 is installed on your machine (I have OS 9.1) Now, I was reading on the Apple website about some fullfilment plan so you can order the 9.2.2 ugrade, but it expired in March...any suggestions? Thanks for your help. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

You can buy the 10GB hard drive from our online store. You'll also want to purchase a take apart manual and a take apart tool, as changing the hard drive in a clamshell is not easy. As for OSX, you don't have to have 9.2 unless you want to run 9.2 applications. If you want 9.2 all you have to do is buy a copy from Apple or your local mac store.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:15 pm 

I was wonderng then: if I reformat my hard drive, will I even need to reinstall OS 9.1 or can I just go right to OS X. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:28 am 
Site Admin

You can go straight to OSX. You don't need OS9 unless you want to use OS9 specific applications.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]