Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBOOK Problem. Three beeps during startup...HELP!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:37 am 
Hey everyone.

I recently purchased my girlfriend a new iBOOK G4 a month ago. After 17 days of little to no real use, the machine froze and when I restarted the screen is black and beeps three times and does not boot up.

I researched this problem and found that it has happened with the Powerbook G4's and said it might have something to do with the RAM itself, or it not being seated properly.

We brought it to the Apple store here in Westchester County NY, and they diagnosed it as a hardware problem. They sent it into Apple, and Apple did not diagnose any hardware problem, even though the store diagnosis was a hardware problem.

The next day, the machine freezes again, and upon restart the same thing happens and beeps three times. We then proceed to take it back to the Apple store, and they diagnose it as a hardware problem AGAIN, and send it back to Apple.

Yesterday, I make a call to Apple's customer service and get in touch with a technician who tells me so far they have no diagnosed anything to say it would be a hardware problem...

I am at a breaking point with Apple and there customer service, my girlfriend just started school and needs her iBOOK, and we just do not feel Apple is doing their job here. She wants a brand new machine, but Apple's policy is not on her side so its not that easy.

I want to know if anyone here can give me some answer's on what this problem might be, and list every single option I have at my disposal to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Thanks so much for all of your help everyone!

- Regards,

- nevesis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Three beeps indicates a ram problem. Now the problem can either be your ram chips, or the on board ram on the logic board. I'd take out your ram chips, and if your unit still has the three beep problem, then that indicates the problem is indeed on the logic board...if taking out the ram fixes the issue, you need to replace your ram. All of our ram products can be viewed at the link below:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... hp?cat=257

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]