Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Suddenly will not run off battery
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:56 am 

Last week before going through airport security, I shutdown my iBook and placed it in a bin to get
x-rayed.

When I got on to the plane I tried several times to power up the system, and only once did it show any sign off life (on one attempt the screen lit up for a second, then went back to black without the system making any sounds (ie. drives or chime)).

Before making a connecting flight I found an AC outlet and discovered that the iBook would power up while plugged in and that all four of the battery's LEDs would light up when the button on the battery was depressed, but that the system simply will not run from the battery -- all of which is still the case.

I have tried resetting the PRAM,Open Firmware, and the PMU all to no effect.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: PS
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:23 pm 

The battery status in the menu bar constantly shows "Calculating..."

Post subject: PS #2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:37 pm 

For whatever it's worth the system still recognizes when the battery is not present, so while the iBook won't run off the seemingly fully charged battery or get beyond trying to calculate its level of charge, the battery status icon will show a bttery with an X in it if the battery is removed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:06 am 
i have the same problem. i have had the logic board replaced twice in the past 3 weeks and the problem is still there. apple assures me that it is NOT the battery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

That is an odd problem. The best solution is to first try another battery, as the problem can only be the logic board or the battery. If the battery doesn't fix it, you have a logic board issue. Batteries for the iBook can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... hp?cat=372

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]