Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Have any problems with your iBook (white)?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:35 am 
Site Admin

With the help of the technicians at Powerbookmedic.com and the rest of the powerbook community, we will try to answer your questions or problems here. You may still email support@powerbookmedic.com if you prefer to have a less public conversation with one of our employees.

---------------------------------
Justin Williams
Webmaster@powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: dim ibook monitor
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:00 am 
when i start up, the screen never gets bright enough. you can just barely see that the hard drive is working OK. seems like a voltage problem, possibly relating to connections in the hinge or maybe specific battery connections. suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Can you make out images on your screen? If so you're looking at a backlight failure. Otherwise you are looking at either a Video card failure on your logic board or a display failure.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: disposable computer?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:56 am 
I'm having a terrible time with my four month old Ibook. I ihad and liked it for all that time, and then it went terribly wrong a couple of weeks ago. After lots of hassle, I sent it back to Apple, and they told me that I may have inadvertantly moved it while the cords were plugged into it, which wrenched the sockets, which, it turns out, are connected directly to the main logic board.
:shock:
Now, I'm no industrial designer, but it don't seem right to put the main board at such proximity to the outside world, but Apple thinks it's dandy, and wanted me to cough up $700, nearly half what I paid for the damn thing, to fix it. Mo warrantee, no cigarette after they're done screwing me.
Be that as it may, I got the thing back, wrote them a nasty letter, and am looking of other options.
One friend of mine thinks I should just crack the thing open and see if I can just solder the sockets back in place. Naturally, I'm apprehensive. Can one just do that without running the risk of turning something salvagable into total trash? I'm not a total doof with a screwdriver and soldering iron, but I'm more comfortable with cars and toasters. Should I graduate to more complex things? What's the risk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Bob,

What exactly is the problem? You moved the iBook and the part you plug the adapter into come off of its solder joints? Let me know exactly what the problem is, and we'll be able to better assist you.

-Bradley

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]