Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Burning Cds and getting overrum error
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:00 pm 
I have added a combo drive to my iBook 500mhz with a 10g hard drive, 340ram and I am having problems burning cds. I get over run errors.

Is there a way to increase my buffer size, so I won't get this error. I have used about 4.5g of my hard drive so I have 5.5g available.

The only way I have successfully burned cds is to put the burning speed at the lowest possible.

Is there any other solutions for this...

Thanks,

Victorpc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:03 pm 
Site Admin

The solution is to put buffer underun prevention on if using toast or to increase the buffer size, or lastly just burn at a slower speed.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Post subject: Over run error
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:50 am 
How do you increase the buffer size?

Thanks,

victor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:46 am 
Site Admin

Consult your software manual or manufacturer of the software for information.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 4:23 pm 
How is the buffer size is calculated, because now I cannot burn at all. I always get an error. Does it base it on the size of the hardrive or the size of available hardrive space. I have a 10g hardrive, but I have 4.5 g available. Does have to do with memory I have 320 ram.

When I first purchased the burn I was able to burn at 1x now I cannot burn at all.

Post subject: cd burning issue
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:15 am 
After all the frustration I went throught trying to figuire out how to fix this problem, it became a very simple issue.

I heard somewhere that the cd lense sometimes gets dirty and causes problems. I got a cotton swab and moistened it with acohol, and cleaned the cd lense. This did the trick!

I am now able to burn at the fastest speed, which is 4x, and I no errors at all. I even had problems playing dvds, and that is working fine now, too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]