Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help - Rolling Picture - Failed Repair
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 1:24 am 

I was having an intermittent backlight problem on my G3 white ibook. I ordered a replacement reed switch, inverter cable assembly and took on the considerable challenge of doing the job myself. Unfortunately after hours of tedious work, when I turned the laptop on, it booted up ok, but the display picture is unstable and keeps rolling (like scrolling) down like with an old tv set. I am now facing the daunting task of dissassembly and rechecking all of the connections. But it would be great to know which connection I probably did not attach properly. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Reed (no pun intended)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:37 pm 

lol l know this is a long time ago but l had the same problem, l replaced the inverter cable, even the logic board under the logic board program and l have just finished repairing it myself and it was the display cable, an unlikely one to go wrong but it had 4 wires clean cut! :O

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]